Are you in search of cheap and affordable international universities available in Canada? Worry no more; MyWebSource has discovered an interesting one for you.
The Memorial University of Newfoundland is the school. This university also offers scholarship programs to individuals and has very nice admission requirements.
Today, I will share with you the Memorial University of Newfoundland Admission Requirements for International Students 2019.
Obviously, this university could be your perfect school of choice in 2019. They offer over 100-degree programs and amazing scholarships.
Now, let’s see below little necessary information about the school and Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) Admissions.
Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN)
This university has been in existence since 1925. The University of Newfoundland was established in Canada and it’s a well-known school in Canada and across the world.
This school is popularly known and called by students as MUN or Memorial University.
MUN currently has four main campuses in Canada and has a very strong foundation for libraries and research opportunities for Canadian and international scholars.
Hence, the school has very strong solidarity in different programs fields which includes Engineering, Medicine, Geology, and Business.
Memorial University is actually the biggest school in Atlantic Canada. Having about 18,000 people who come here to study from all over the world.
This includes both Nigeria and other African Countries.
University of Newfoundland General Admission Requirements for Students
Counting the best, cheapest and most affordable universities in Canada for international students, Memorial University is among them.
MUN tuition fees range from 8,800 – 11,460 Canadian dollars plus (30 credits) for Nigerians and students from other foreign countries that wish to apply.
However, if you can’t cope with this, you can apply for the scholarship and possibly save up to 6,000 Canadian dollars.
If you are applying as a foreigner, the admission requirements are in two categories, which includes;
Applicants from high schools
Students who transfer
Rules and things to Note when Applying as a Nigerian
Below here, I will show you the eligibility rules and things to know as a Nigerian, looking for Memorial University of Newfoundland admission requirements for international students:
- First, you need to be a graduate or must have completed your educational program from any Nigerian recognized university or high school.
- You must have a list of senior-level courses which includes the English language, social and laboratory sciences, mathematics, and any other course discipline.
- You are expected to provide the grades, certificates, level of English (attach a document as a proof of knowledge) and other necessary documents based on your country.
- If applying as a Transfer student, you need to acquire high grades during your final semester of studies in the previous institution/university.
- If applying as a foreigner, you need to apply in 4-5 months before the initial studies begin, so as to prepare your files, visa, and other necessary documents.
MUN Admission Requirements for Nigerian students
As a Nigerian citizen that wishes to apply for Memorial University in Canada, here are the Admission Requirements for Nigerian Students 2019.
- You have to provide either your WAEC or NECO Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- You must have a credit grades at least C6 in the following subjects; English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba Language, Biology etc.
- If you don’t have at least C6 in mathematics and wishes to apply for a program that doesn’t require Mathematics, you can be admitted through general rules.
- If you don’t have at least C6 in any of the science subjects and wishes to apply for a program that doesn’t require the subject, you can be eligible for general admission.
- If you don’t have C6 in any of the science subjects (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) and Mathematics, then you need to contact the Memorial University before application.
- If you don’t have WAEC or NECO exams result yet, you will then provide a statement of result or school transcript with your subjects and grades, your proof of English knowledge, an official copy of WAEC/NECO result.
- When applying, kindly submit all the required documents by post or with a courier service, and all must be issued by the organization authority and sealed in envelopes.
So, there you have it on Memorial University of Newfoundland Admission Requirements for International Students 2019 and as well for Nigerian Students.
Never allow your dream to study in Canada to go off, you can still do it, Memorial University is there for you.
Perhaps, you can save money on the tuition fees by applying for the scholarship programs and might be lucky to get one. Thanks to the international financial awards and scholarship.
To get started with your application, you can check for more details about the Memorial University of Newfoundland Admission Requirements for International Students 2019.
You can check it here on the official MUN website https://www.mun.ca.
Kindly, double check on every information, choose your faculty and degree program before applying.