Are you looking for how to open an account with Standard Chartered Bank in Nigeria? Look no more, you are in the right place.
Here on MyWebSource, I will show you the step-by-step guide for Standard Chartered Bank Account Opening requirements and online banking
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria has about 7 different types of accounts you can open with them, and the registration process is almost the same for all.
Nevertheless, you don’t need to worry about which one to go for; I will provide you with the steps and requirements for opening each of the accounts.
Without wasting your time, let’s dive into the step-by-step guide immediately for the Standard Chartered Bank Account Opening and Online Banking.
How to open an account with Standard Chartered Bank in Nigeria
Now, let’s see below here how to open an account with (SCB) Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria:
- First, go to www.sc.com/ng/save and select the type of account you would like to open.
- Click the ‘Sign up now’ link below your chosen account type to get to the sign-up page.
- At the top of the page screen, check for the eligibility criteria to know if you are eligible, then if you are eligible, provide the required details (full name, e-mail, phone number, city, and nationality) then click ‘Ok and next.’
- Now, provide other details which include (income, gender, date of birth, marital status and state, etc.) and click ‘Ok, finish.’
- Once you are done with all these, your application is complete. Then, wait for the bank to contact you.
Another alternative to open an account with Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
- Go to www.sc.com/ng/save/#signup.
- Fill the form with your complete details as (name, date of birth, country of birth, mobile number, e-mail, and BVN) and answer a few questions. Then Click “OK, next” once you are done.
- Carefully check the application form and your details to know if all is correct and if all is correct then click ‘Confirm.’
- Immediately, you will receive a 6-digit code on your phone via SMS, kindly enter the code and click Submit. If you didn’t receive the code, click the ‘Resend SMS’ button and then submit the code.
- Now, your application is done. You just have to wait for the bank to contact you for further information’s or you can visit one of the SCB branches or call the hotline- 01 2704611-4.
Standard Chartered Bank Account Opening Requirements for other types of Account
Let’s see the requirements for any of the 7 types of accounts provided by Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria (SCB).
First, we start with Savings account and eSaver, both allow you to save money and earn interest as well as save money for your goals.
Hence, opening any of these accounts you will need the following requirements.
- An account opening form, that has been filled with correct details.
- Prove of your source of income (letter of employment, form C07 or staff ID)
- Two suitable references
- One passport photo
- Means of identification (driver’s license, national ID, voter’s card or valid international passport)
- Verification of your address (utility bill, signed tenancy agreement, etc.)
- A ₦50 stamp (sign across).
My Dream Account: This is one of the account types you can open with SCB. It is majorly designed for Parents who want to save for their children.
Hence, saving some money for your child’s dream in the future. Below here are the things needed for opening this account.
- The Account Opening Form that has been filled (you can find it on the My Dream Account page).
- ₦5,000 opening balance.
- Birth certificate of the child and an identity card preferably international passport i.e. if it is available.
- Parents’/Guardian’s National Identity Card or the Parents’/Guardian’s work ID.
- Verification of your address including the (utility bill, signed tenancy agreement, etc.)
- A ₦50 stamp. savings
Current Account: Opening a current account you just need the same requirements/documents as Savings account and eSaver but now you will need two passports not only one.
SCB has a special offer for women with their Diva Club account which can be either current or savings account. The documents required are the same as for Savings account or eSaver.
Having a current account either Fixed or Term deposit account you will be granted a short or long term deposit and as well earn money via interest rates.
Here are the things needed to open a deposit current account.
- One passport photo
- Two suitable references from account holders
- A FATCA form
- SDD / EDD Checklist
- A TD Placement form
- Important Information document
- Means of identification.
Employee Banking Account: This is another one that offers good opportunities for employees. Below are the requirements needed to open it.
- Means of identification
- One passport photo
- Residence permit/CERPAC receipt
- Company ID
- Reference from the company having the employee’s details and current address.
Quick Tip: When opening any of the accounts, you need to provide both the photocopies and original documents.
For more details or information on each of the account type, you can check them out on the official Standard Chartered Banks website.
Standard Chartered Bank Online Banking Account Opening
Registering for SCB Online Banking is been done separately. After the Standard Chartered Bank Account Opening, then you need to register for this.
However, the SCB Online banking registration is been done on two options which include registering with a debit/credit card or with a temporary ID and SMS PIN.
Now, after opening an account and it comes with the bank debit/credit card, then you select the first option for opening the Online Banking.
Let’s see the following steps below on how to register for SCB Online banking using the first option of a debit/credit card.
- First, go here to register for the SCB Online banking option with your card and be sure that the card is registered and linked with your phone number.
- Now, check the Terms & Conditions box and click Accept.
- Choose your type of card and carefully enter the required information on your card for either debit/credit card.
- Once you are done entering the card details, click Next.
- Again, verify the information you have provided and click Next.
- If all information is correct, automatically you will receive an OTP code (password) as SMS on your number, then enter the code and continue to next step.
- Finally, quickly create your login details and complete your registration for the application.
Second Option: if your account doesn’t come with any card, then this option is for you. You only need to register with your temporary ID and SMS PIN.
Let’s see the steps below on how to open it.
- First, you will need to visit any of the nearest SCB branches or call the hotline number here (01 2704611-4), then tell them you want to apply for online banking.
- You will receive a temporary ID via e-mail and your temporary password via SMS.
- Once you have received both of these things, click here to go to the registration page.
- Check the box under Terms & Conditions and click ‘Accept’.
- Enter your temporary ID and password into the form and click Next.
- Finally, create your login details and complete your application.
After the successful completion of your application, you can now log in to the SCB Online Banking System using the login details you provided.
So, that is all on Standard Chartered Bank Account Opening Requirements & Online Banking with the step by step guide.
Do you know that GTBank is another bank that offer cool online banking services? you can check out this guide on GTBank Online Internet Banking.
I believe you have seen it all, if you are still considering getting an account with any of the Nigerian banks then Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is a very good choice.