Do you wish to know about the Uber Nigeria Ride and how to become a partner or an Uber driver? Here, I will show you all.
Uber Ride is a new form of technology made available for commuters and drivers in Nigeria of which it is been connected with the use of mobile App.
Uber Nigeria Ride has been in existence over the years but has its operation in most major cities like Lagos and Abuja.
This new form of technology has brought about comfortable driving experience in Nigeria mostly in the above-mentioned areas.
Individuals’ living in those areas enjoy cool transport service when traveling or going for work by using their Smartphone to find the best transport service.
Obviously, only Lagos and Abuja residents enjoy this service the most. Hence the Uber ride will be reaching out to other cities in due time.
However, I will be sharing with you more details about Uber Nigeria in Lagos and a good overview concept of Uber Lagos.
With the fact that Lagos is in no doubt one of the major regions in Nigeria having an advanced transportation system, Uber has to dwell so much there.
Of course, Lagos is where their services and operation is been carried out the most.
One can become an Uber Driver as well if you are able to fulfill all the conditions and you can earn good amount of money.
Many Lagos residents who love to enjoy cool transport services always go for the Uber riding services and then pay to enjoy Uber’s ride.
Uber Nigeria has proven to be among the best transport company services mostly in Lagos state. Today you will know everything about Uber riding services in Lagos.
Getting Started with Uber Nigeria or Uber Lagos Driver
To become an Uber Driver, you must first download the Uber mobile app on your Smartphone. You can download that from your Google Play store.
You as an individual can get the Uber app before using the Uber riding services; this Uber App connects you with the Uber driver closest to your location.
The driver will pick you up and drop off to your destination anywhere in Lagos.
Uber will deduct the transport fare from the bank account you provided during the Uber registration. You don’t have to pay in cash.
Hence, you will provide your correct details including (Name, email address, credit card details) in the Uber app during registration.
Steps to Become an Uber Partner in Lagos
Below here are steps involved in becoming an Uber Partner in Lagos and remember to provide your complete information and details of the vehicle documents.
- First, visit here https://partners.uber.com and create a partner profile account.
- Fill in the required details and continue with the following steps below.
- To add your bank details: Visit www.vault.uber.com to specify your bank details
- To add your vehicle: Add your vehicle and provide the vehicle documents below.
- To add a driver to the installation: Provide the genuine driver license of any driver you want to add in your Uber registration and also the (LASDRI) Lagos State Drivers’ Institute Card of the driver.
Uber Lagos Vehicle Documents to be Provided
Here are the vehicle documents to be provided before you can become a registered Uber Partner in Lagos.
- Vehicle license number
- Endorsement of Incorporation
- Tint permit (for tinted vehicles)
- Certificate of ownership
- Certificate of road-worthiness (provided by the appropriate authority)
Uber Lagos Nigeria Car/Vehicle Requirements
Do you know that Uber Nigeria doesn’t accept anyhow vehicle or car; your car must meet certain conditions before being accepted for Uber riding.
Uber accepts various vehicle brands which include Kia (Cerato), Toyota (both Camry and Corolla models), Honda (Accord) and Nissan (both Altima and Almera) etc.
Also for UberBlack, they accept the following vehicle brands as Toyota Prado, Audi, Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW etc.
Always remember that your vehicle must meet the following criteria below before it’s been accepted for Uber riding services.
- Your vehicles must be provided with valid insurance documents.
- It must be provided with valid vehicle inspection reports.
- The vehicles must have four doors (vehicles with only two doors are not allowed).
- For UberX vehicles, it must be 2007 or new model vehicles.
- For UberBlack and UberX vehicles, it must be sedan models (hatches are not allowed).
- For UberSELECT vehicles, it must be 2013 or new models.
- The vehicles should not be smaller than 1750 mm in width.
- The following vehicle brands with large 15-passenger is not accepted like Ford Crown Victoria, Van, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Towncars.
- The vehicles/cars must carry clear and vivid titles on their bodies.
- The vehicle mileage or speed limit must not exceed the limit of 100,000km.
- The interior components like Air conditioner and radio must be functional on the vehicle.
- The vehicles must have the seat belts both the driver’s seatbelts.
- For each vehicle, the driver must provide a valid LASDRI card or the driver’s license.
- One driver is allowed for each account assigned to a vehicle and the account carries the name of the driver.
Complete List of Uber Accepted Cars in Nigeria
Uber Nigeria has provided the list of vehicles that are accepted for its riding services in Nigeria with various vehicle models for Uber drivers to use.
However, we will be classifying these vehicle brands and models into the two main Uber categories as UberX and UberBlack.
Accepted Vehicle Brands and Models under UberX
Vehicle Brands Vehicle Models
BMW 3 Series
Hyundai Santa Fe
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Kia Rio (2014 newer)
Lexus gs 350
Lexus es 350
Accepted Vehicle Brands and Models under UberBlack
Vehicle Brands Vehicle Models
BMW 7 series
BMW 5 series
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover LR4
Lexus rUberX 450
Lexus rUberX 350
Lexus Is 460
Lexus gs 460
Lexus gs 450
Mercedes Benz M-Class
Mercedes Benz GL-Class
Mercedes Benz G-Class
Mercedes Benz E-Class
Rolls Royce Phantom
Rolls Royce Ghost
Suzuki Grand Vitara
There you have it on Uber Nigeria and all you need to know to get started with Uber Lagos, how to partner and become an Uber Rider.
If you really know you are good at driving, you can opt-in today to become one of the Uber Drivers so you can make money driving with Uber in Nigeria.